We have responded to the trend with the development of strategies and practices for making our hotel more environmentally friendly, or "green" in an effort to protect our environment and promote wellness. Our hotel is managed with a focus on the business practices that help improve our environmental performance and impacts.
We've implemented enviromentally friendly practices throughout our hotel operations.
- Waste Minimization
- Digital thermostats to control energy
- CFL bulbs being installed in all guest rooms reducing energy consumption
- 1.6 gallon per flush toilets to reduce water consumption
- Variable speed drive to manage A/C energy for pumps, chiller, and air handlers
- Laundry steam and air compressor turned off when not in use
- Shut down escalators when not in use
- Energy Consumption
- Green Seal Approved chemicals for guest room cleaning
- Guest Reward Program to have room serviced only when requested
- Single head shower option to reduce water consumption
- Water Conservation
- Energy reduction program to reduce pre-heat timing/equipment usage
- Air conditioning computer technology
Front Office Operations
- Paperless check-in
- Recycle of newspapers
- Email of guest folios available
- Green chemicals (APEX)
- System to monitor efficiency of machine
- Recycle all paper
- Recycle used printer cartridges
The Westin Charlotte is proud to announce that we are officially a Green Seal Certified Hotel, the nation’s oldest independent, non-profit environmental certification organization. We embrace our responsibility for environmental stewardship and are committed to integrating leading environmental practices and sustainability principles into our core business strategy.
Our green meeting initiatives include:
- Utilizing local produce
- Recycling of cardboard
- Recycling of plastic, aluminum, and glass beverage containers
- Lighting automatically shuts off when not in use
- Piloting water cooler options and corn based plastic cups in meeting rooms to reduce waste
- Installing electronic meeting room signs eliminating paper waste
Plan your green meeting with us. Submit RFP
Locally Made Honey
"Eat Well' with Our Local Honey
Staying true to The Westin brand's six pillars of well-being: eat well, sleep well, play well, work well, feel well and move well. In 2016, building on the brand's eat well pillar, The Westin Charlotte installed rooftop bee hives to cultivate locally made honey. Our meeting professionals can help you incorporate this SuperFood into a variety of banquet menu options.
Learn more about our Charlotte Local Honey.